Market and Economic News from LPL Financial Research Team
Week of April 15, 2019
MARKET COMMENTARY; This weekly update offers insights into domestic and global financial markets events, policy actions, and geopolitical impacts.
- We look at what’s priced into stocks following year-to-date strength to help gauge potential impact of surprises and disappointments.
- When we look at what’s not priced in, we see several possible surprises that could
propel the stock market to new highs.
- Possible positive surprises include the stimulus boost from a potential China trade
deal and better-than-expected corporate profits in 2019.
ECONOMIC COMMENTARY; This weekly update offers insights into the U.S. and global economy.
- Signs of slowing global growth have fueled worries of tepid domestic inflation.
- Consumer price growth has softened, but producer price and wage growth remain solid.
- We expect consumer price inflation to pick up as global headwinds subside.