Market and Economic News from LPL Financial Research Team
Week of June 17, 2019
MARKET COMMENTARY; This weekly update offers insights into domestic and global financial markets events, policy actions, and geopolitical impacts.
- Stocks have benefited recently from increasing hopes of a Fed rate cut, although investors probably won’t get one this week.
- Stocks’ historical performance after initial Fed rate cuts has been mostly positive, but it has been greatly dependent on the business cycle.
- We prefer to see the market stand on its own and take more direction from generally solid fundamentals of economic growth and corporate profits.
ECONOMIC COMMENTARY; This weekly update offers insights into the U.S. and global economy.
- This economic expansion is now one of the longest on record.
- Trade tensions have threatened growth, but economic data still appear sound.
- If the trade dispute continues, the Fed could be forced to intervene.