Market and Economic News from LPL Financial Research Team
Week of September 18, 2017
MARKET COMMENTARY; This weekly update offers insights into domestic and global financial markets events, policy actions, and geopolitical impacts.
- Growth stock valuations appear rich; its run may be poised to pause or reverse.
- Economic growth is improving, which tends to favor value.
- Technical analysis suggests that the growth rally may be overextended.
ECONOMIC COMMENTARY; This weekly update offers insights into the U.S. and global economy.
- This week’s FOMC meeting will offer meeting minutes, updated economic projections, and a press conference.
- Markets will be closely watching for updates on how below-target inflation may impact the
path of rate hikes.
- While inflation has been trending lower in recent months, the latest CPI report shows some upward momentum.
BOND MARKET PERSPECTIVES; This weekly update offers insights into major news and themes driving fixed income markets.
- The Fed is expected to offer details about when it will begin reducing its balance sheet this week.
- We expect the short-term market impact to be minimal, but that could change as the reduction accelerates in coming years.
- Other global central banks are still providing liquidity to markets, helping ease the
impact of monetary policy normalization.